Saturday, July 25, 2009

Abusing the Abused?

Dont judge me by my bruises,
try to understand...my good points
and my bad points...both make me
who I am.

Dont judge me by my actions,
dont assume that Im just weak,
I'm listening...and Im waiting
until its my turn to speak.

Dont think I deserve bad
treatment because of who I am,
my weakness may seem strange to you,
but Im doing the best I can.

I may look tired and ragged, and
a little worn for wear, but Ive
learned God has a plan for me...
and He does really care.

So dont judge me by my bruises,
Im worth more than meets the eye,
Ive lived through hell and heartache,
as opportunites passed by.

My blessings and my defects,
both made me who I am,
Ive waivered and Ive stumbled,
caught my breathe then took a stand.

Ive lived up close and personal,
surviving life's harsh demands.
Ive suffered and Ive conquered
things you will never understand.

So just accept me as your sister...
and love me if you can.

My strength is in submission
as I move on toward glory...
so dont judge me by my bruises...
until you know my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment