Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tomorrow, Daddy I Promise

I'll stop by to see him tomorrow,
there so much I need to say,
I know, he must know I love him,
I think of him every day.

Tomorrow, I'll run by to see him
...the entire day devoted to dad,
I've just been so busy...
and things are going so bad.

Tomorrow, I'll stop by for supper,
I think I might just shake his hand,
and thank him for sacrifices ...
Im beginning to understand.

I'll tell him just how handsome ...
I think, he still looks to me.
But today...there's a long list of places
I'm expected to be.

I know, he knows I love him,
that's all that matters, I guess.
I'm sure he understands me,
and knows I'm doing my best.

My heart is silently breaking,
as a hearsh rolls quietly on,
yesterday...tomorrows were forever,
now daddy's tomorrows are gone.

Today, I made time for daddy,
nothing really so important, I guess.
My busy world stood still today...
as they laid my daddy to rest.

So many words left unspoken,
so many things left to say...
he must have known I loved him...
I thought of him every day.

"I love you daddy..."
Shirley Cochran-Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment